Title: Punchneedle Embroidery: Dancing Needles
This book seeks to encourage new and more experienced embroiderers to enjoy the dimensional, colourful and exciting pieces that can be created by embroidering with punchneedles.
With step-by-step instructions and colour photographs for every project, this book has projects suitable for beginners and experienced punchneedle embroiderers.
Pamela's easy style will make this a delight for all who wish to create their own punchneedle embroidery pieces from her book. No. of pages:
280 x 210 mmColour type:
Milner Craft SeriesImprint:
Sally Milner PublishingISBN:
978 1 86351 313 5RRP:
1. What is punchneedle embroidery?
Punchneedles; Conversion chart; The Dancing Ribbon needle; Threaders; Care and safety; Setting up; Direction of work; How to make the stitch.
2. Punchneedle embroidery techniques: Cutting threads; Finishing off; Troubleshooting; Repairing a hole; Overview; The use of glue; Working with silk ribbon; Traditional punch needle embroidery.
3. Stitch glossary: Reverse punchneedle embroidery; Counting stitches; Working in a circle; Special effects; To embroider a leaf; Meandering stitch; Forming the perfect point; Star flowers; Stripes; Outlines; Sculpting; Very fine punchneedle embroidery; Blending threads; Other stitches; Silk ribbon work; Braid making; Fabrics.
4. Materials, equipment and basic techniques: Iron-on interfacing; Equipment; Transferring the design; Marking the straight grain of the fabric; Hoop techniques; Doughnuts and dirty marks; Appliqué; Creating backgrounds; Caring for your embroidery.
5. Threads and ribbons: Acrylic yarn; Embroidery cotton (embroidery floss); Rajmahal art silks; Silk ribbons.
Projects: Scissors Case Beauty; Overflowing Cornucopia; Butterflies; Dandy Bear; Delightful Daisies; Giraffes; Nasturtiums; Christmas Decorations; Handstand Clown; Dancing Bear; The Wicker Basket; Scarf Toggles; The Flower Garden; Ribbon Heart; Magical Miniature Carpet; A Grand Old Pedestal; Lily and Hyacinths; Cream on Cream; Circle upon a Circle; A Promise of Summer.
Punchneedles Dancing Ribbon needle Threaders Care safety Punchneedle embroidery techniques
punchneedle embroidery Reverse punchneedle embroidery Counting stitches Working circle leaf Meandering stitch Forming the perfect point